Necrotizing enteritis is an important global poultry disease caused by Clostridium perfringens (type A and type C) which is a Gram-positive bacteria. The proliferation of its pathogen in Chicken Intestines produces toxins, leading to intestinal mucosal necrosis, which can lead to acute or subclinical diseases. In its clinical form, necrotizing enteritis causes high mortality in broilers, and in its subclinical form, it reduces the growth performance of chickens; both of these results damage animal welfare and bring real economic burden to chicken production.
The addition of organic potassium dicarboxate to feed or drinking water is a strategy for the prevention and control of percapsulens and thus for the prevention and control of necrotizing enteritis in poultry.
Potassium Diformate can be reduced the number of clostridium perfringens in the intestine and helps control necrotizing enteritis in broilers.
In some cases, potassium diformate reduce loss of growth performance in poultry by increasing body weight and reducing mortality, and therefore can be used as a feed additive to control necrotizing enteritis.
Uses of potassium dicarboxate in the intestines of chickens
1. Adding potassium dicarboxate to drinking water can improve the palatability of chickens and increase the amount of drinking water.
2. It is beneficial to reduce water samples and ammonia concentration, and is conducive to the healthy growth of chickens and reduce environmental pollution.
3. The use of potassium diformate in chicken can thicken the eggshell, make the eggshell bright and shiny, improve the hatching rate of eggs, and increase the amount of eggs produced.
4. Adding potassium diformate in feed can prevent mycotoxin effectively, reduce intestinal diarrhea and mycotic respiratory diseases caused by mycotoxin.
5. The use of potassium diformate reduces the use of intestinal drugs appropriately , which is conducive to reducing the occurrence of E. coli.
6. The use of potassium diformate reduces drug use and improve the quality of chicken products.
7. Potassium diformate is beneficial to improve the uniformity, feed conversion and daily gain of chickens.
8. Potassium diformate acidifies the chyme in the stomach, especially the large amount of fat in No.3 feed. Acidifier can stimulate more digestive enzymes to secrete into the small intestine, so as to improve the digestion of protein in chickens.
9.Potassium diformate improves the quality of drinking water and clean the water line. It can also remove the biofilm, drug excipients, organic matter and inorganic matter precipitation attached to the water wall, effectively avoid the deposition of calcium and iron in drinking water, protect the drinking water system from corrosion, and inhibit the reproduction of mold, algae and microorganisms in drinking water.
Potassium dicarboxylate can effectively improve the quality of drinking water and clean the water line. It can also remove the biofilm, drug excipients, organic matter and inorganic matter precipitation attached to the water wall, effectively avoid the deposition of calcium and iron in drinking water, protect the drinking water system from corrosion, and inhibit the reproduction of mold, algae and microorganisms in drinking water.